MediaMall Technologies, Inc., d/b/a Younify (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit or use www.younify.tv, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through www.younify.tv, and our Younify TV mobile, tablet, desktop, and connected TV apps (collectively the “Service”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Service, including through our website and related apps.
- In email, text, and other messages and communications between you and the Service.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from or in connection with the Service, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Service.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or service operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Service or through any of its features, register on the Service, make any purchases through the Service, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Service, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, third-party account information (including your user names and passwords associated with streaming media accounts that you choose to connect with Younify) (”personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as (as discussed in more detail below) information about your use of streaming media services that you choose to connect to the Services.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Service, and usage details.
We and our third-party service providers collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, device information, and information collected through cookies and web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Service, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions and activity you carry out through our Service and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Service. If you place an order for one of our products, you may be required to enter your credit card number and information, as well as your address and/or other contact information. Our credit card transaction data is processed and stored by PayPal or Worldpay — please see the section on security for more information.
- Your search queries on the Service.
- Third-party account information. Our Services let you access your accounts and your information with other service providers, such as Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+. You may be required to provide your user credentials, such as a username and password, in order to access content from these other service providers. Any passwords to third-party sites that you provide to the Younify software will be stored encrypted, and will only be used in secure channel communication with the respective sites.
If we make such functionality available, you also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Service or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Any User Contributions you may make are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Service, we and our third-party service providers may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Service, including traffic data, usage data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- When you connect or associate one or more of your streaming media accounts with the Services, in addition to any user credentials you may provide to enable us to connect to the streaming media service, we collect a variety of information from connected services, including a list of shows and movies you have watched, the percentage of those shows and movies you have watched, your ratings and/or reviews of shows and movies on the service, the service’s curated list of content recommended for you (such as “continue watching,” your favorites list, and content that the service recommends for you), and what service plan on the streaming media service you are currently and/or were previously subscribed to.
- Part of the information we collect through the Services is used to create recommendations across streaming services and to produce market research on OTT viewership behavior. For instance, data is collected to learn which streaming services are used in each geographic area, how many people are using a specific service, how many times a day they are watching a service, and what videos they are watching. We may also aggregate that usage data to sell to third parties. This information will only be shared in a way that doesn't identify you. No personal information collected is ever disclosed or sold to third parties.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, geolocation information, and device information, such as, operating system, device model, and device identifiers such as IMEI number, Android Ad ID, and Apple Identifier for Advertisers (IFDA), and browser type.
- When you make a support request using our software, the software sends a copy of diagnostic logs to our support team to enable us to assess the problem you are having. These logs contain data about your software information and user account, including device information, operating system version, system information (CPU, RAM, free HD space, etc.), discovery information regarding other media devices on your network, video play attempts and their timestamps, as well as usernames for third party sites (Netflix and Hulu as examples), but not the respective passwords. This information is required for us to support your software installation.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online and video streaming interactions with other service providers (Netflix and Hulu as examples) over time in a scheduled, recurring manner (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Service.
The technologies used for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. The Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). Web beacons are tiny graphic files, not visible to the human eye. When a web page, HTML email message, or other file containing a web beacon is opened, the recipient's computer will retrieve the pixel tag file, allowing us to record and store your email address (in the case of an opened email), and the date and time the recipient opened the file, among other standard logging information. Web beacons permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited certain pages or opened an email and are used for other related Service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Service content and verifying system and server integrity).
Our Third-Party Service Providers
Third-party service providers we use include:
- Google Analytics, to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information such as users’ IP addresses, how often users visit the site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to our site. You can learn more about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, including how you can control the information collected by Google, by visiting https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- Facebook, for login. If you prefer to log into Younify via Facebook, this creates a Younify account using the same email address associated with your Facebook account. When you log into Younify using Facebook, Facebook will authenticate you, including by using cookies, and redirect you to Younify. By accessing Younify through your Facebook account, Facebook will share certain data with Younify for the purposes of authenticating you, including your name, profile picture, public profile information, and email address. If you no longer wish to share this data with Younify from your Facebook account, you will need to adjust your Facebook account settings.
- Providers of SDKs and other functionality in our applications, including Iterable, to enable us to send you in-app and email messages; Branch, for handling universal deep links; and Kochava, for app analytics and reporting.
- Providers of payment processing services, including PayPal; WorldPay; Stripe.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Service and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices, and available updates for our software.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service.
- To create statistical user panels to estimate viewership of content on third-party streaming services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. By way of example, we may disclose (including via sale or licensing) anonymized demographic information about which categories of users (by age, location, or other factors) are watching particular content on third-party streaming services.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MediaMall Technology Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MediaMall Technologies, Inc. about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MediaMall Technologies, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. You may choose to opt out of the receipt of promotional emails from MediaMall Technologies, Inc. by clicking on the opt-out link provided at the bottom of each marketing or promotional email and following the instructions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your email address by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Requests may be made once a year and are free of charge. If you would like to make a request pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, you must do so in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the phrase “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.